- Scallion – 1 Bunch Chopped
- Onion – ½ Chopped
- Cilantro – 5 Bunches Chopped
- Avocado Oil – To coat bottom of Pot
- Chicken – 1 Package Boneless Chicken Thigh – Chopped into small pieces
- Rice – 3 Cups Organic Basmati Rice (Rinsed)
- Salt – 1 Tsp
- Pepper – 1 Tsp
- Cumin – 2 Tablespoons
- Corriander – ½ Tsp
- Hot Water – 2 ¾ cups (or room temperature)
Turn on the Sautee feature for the instapot and pour some avocado oil in the instapot to coat the bottom of the pan, then add the chopped scallion and onion. Once the onions are translucent add the diced chicken thighs and continue to cook until browned. Then turn off the sautee feature. Next, add 3 cups of rinsed basmati rice and the chopped cilantro and seasonings (salt, pepper, cumin, coriander) and mix all together. Then add 2 ¾ cups of water and cook for 15 minutes in the instapot. Wait 10 minutes for the slow release on the instapot.
*If you do not want to wait for the slow release on instapot you should use 3 cups of water (instead of 2 ¾ cups).